Sunday, April 22, 2007

There's no place like home .... back to the future

As an American, I took for granted the technological advantages of my world. Little did I know that our basic washer and dryer would be one of those advantages but it is and for me it’s right up there at the top of my list.

Westgate washing machine Cumbria 2007

Our combo under counter washer dryer fried its brains three weeks ago. Now I’ve long thought that the four hour end to end wash dry cycle for a single load was more than amusing. Of course, Betty has ingeniously cut that cycle to a mere three hours by removing the damp clothes and hanging them about the apartment. I guess I know why they invented heated towel rods and such.

Believe me we were not ready for the complete withdrawal of the wash and dry device. Any way, my Betty has devised a once a week trek by taxi to the local laundry mat where the deed (wash, dry & folding) is done in a few hours while she’s about her business. I don’t know what betty’s going to do with all that free time ....

see ya,

me pic j'bu

0 comments: